Project Angel Food – Gardening Day 2
Today was another Fab day volunteering at Madison Garden for Project Angel Food. When we arrived, we were happy to see that a lot of the overgrown weeds had been cleared out providing a clear path to walk around to where the plants were.
We were there for about an hour harvesting fava beans and doing some weeding, before we were released and off for some refreshments.
A few additional tips:
- If you need your morning cup of Joe, drink it before you get there, and if you don’t, make sure it’s iced. It gets hot.
- And because it gets hot, dress in layers, wear a hat with a visor and use sunblock.
- While many of the weeds have been cut down, it’s still advisable to wear leggings or long pants.
- Bring garden gloves. They’re very helpful when weeding.
- Stay hydrated!!!
- If you begin to feel light headed, dehydrated or flush, get some water and call it a day. Take care of yourself first. You can always come back another day.
FYI, they’ll be gardening every Wednesday beginning at 9am, but be sure to always let Project Angel Food know that you plan on being there. Don’t just show up.
We look forward to seeing you next time!
Project Angel Food: http://www.angelfood.org